05 July 2012

The lull that made me a responsible citizen

I suppose my absence has been duly noted.


The A-Z challenge was part of it. I'm just not good at sticking to structure, it kills the Mind of the Artiste, bohemic bullshit etc etc. So from here on out the letters with which I start my posts will be completely random.

What's more, way back when (in May), I was going into the final stretch of TONS OF SCHOOLWORK. That's over and done with now. (It went well.)

And then I started working. That's right - no one can ever tell me I haven't worked a day in my life anymore. In fact, I've worked for approximately 2 weeks! The job is one of the least glamorous I can think of - my neighbor set me up at her job, which is some sort of packaging facility for various dental products. This includes hands-on working with a LOT of plastic: I swear it's changing my genetic makeup. Most of the other tasks can be boiled down to simple button pressing. Well ... somebody has to do it. The main thing I've learned from this job is that I'm going to do everything in my power to make sure I don't end up at one like it for the duration of my life. Everyone working there is very kind, though, and there's unlimited free hot chocolate, and (sadly, limited) free cookies. And the pay's fine and dandy; I believe I get paid more than the average young person, and all I do is push buttons eight hours a day.

Said pay will be dumped into my bank account on the same day I leave for a convention, at which I'll also be working: more precisely, four-hour shifts in the cafeteria. I have no experience with registers whatsoever, and two of my five shifts are from four to eight in the morning. Aka the worst possible time, smack in the middle of the sleeping cycle. I'll have to sleep in shifts as well!

At least this will improve my CV???

Well, I sense approximately twenty days of down time during which I may or may not blog a bit. NO PROMISES.

10 comments:

  1. This is mostly the stuff you already updated me on, so I can't provide an extensive comment without repeating myself an awful lot, but (as I probably said before), you're earning the money. And yeah, this is good motivation. Make sure you end up with a job you enjoy doing later on!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. You could have provided an extensive comment on "FREE UNLIMITED COCOA"!!!!

      Delete
  2. OMG YOU'RE ALIVE!!!!!

    I think abandoning the A to Z Challenge is a good idea, I don't think you were that fussed with it anyway lol!

    It's cool that you've got a job and that you're earning money but you're now making me look like a complete bum considering you're younger than me and earning. YOU MUST QUIT IMMEDIATELY! For my self-esteem.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES
      Fang told me you had said you missed my blog, which was actually a big part of motivating me to return to it because you are great and stuff~

      It would have been fun to do, don't get me wrong!!! I'm just so... bad at it, I'd need to plan better.

      I'M QUITTING TOMORROW, NO WORRIES! It's just a summer gig. uwu

      Delete
  3. Well I do hope you write more Sophia. You've had more (paid) work experience than me now. You've at the least probably earned more from work than I have. I think I could do a job like that for all the free hot chocolate. Having shifts during your sleep cycle sounds a bit brutal, but it's going to be worth it.

    Possibly.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Free hot chocolate is the best.

      And yeah.

      Possibly.

      (Thanks for your ongoing support!!!)

      Delete
  4. You can totally do this thing.
    Also it's awesome because you'll have moneyz to spend at the con!
    I'm still jealous of that, by the way. I've only ever been to one convention and fate seems intent on keeping me away from any others.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Money to spend... ON FOOD.
      Ah well, having money to spend is awesome whenever. So yeah, can't really deny that.
      You should go to a few more, see if it's your thing or not!

      Delete
  5. Congratulations on becoming a part of the system. i am so proud of u<3

    ReplyDelete